The #GoOpen Summit is an opportunity to learn more about open educational resources (OER) and how local districts have implemented OER in their curriculum.
OER are educational materials that can be legally and freely used, copied, adapted and shared. They can increase equity because they can be freely accessed by all students. OER are also high quality, keep content relevant, and save money compared to traditional textbooks.
At the #GoOpen Summit, attendees will:
- Learn more about #GoOpen effort and how to implement it in their district
- How to survive being thrust into online content delivery
- Explore systems created to assist educators with the use of OER
- Learn ways to support students using distance learning
- Have the opportunity to participate and purchase units from USD (Details are being worked out and will be forthcoming)